Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What to do with an old pool

Midge has been staying at Grandma's for the past couple of days and I thought Leo would be overjoyed to have her out of the picture and have our attention all to himself. Instead he has turned in to a raving, jealous, moody kid. We were trying to come up with an idea for things he could do to make him feel special. We had planned a play date for him, but they called and canceled this morning. He was devastated. Luckily another friend we had called earlier in the week called and we invited him to come and play. Yesterday we had gone to the store and bought a bag of sand. We dumped it into the kid's old swimming pool. The boys played in it for hours today. They brought out all of Leo's cars and created an entire playing field. 

Of course it was only a short time before water had to become involved.
Ken has had a little bit of a hard time with how much of a mess they make with this (he tends to be the neater one of us), but I have fond memories of playing in the mud as a kid. There is nothing like creating a huge mess and just having fun. 


This was supposed to be the lake, and why the cars are in it I don't know. Hopefully this will not be reflective of any future driving situations. 

Despite the really fun day Leo asked me tonight, "Is Midge ever coming back?"

1 comment:

  1. Oh man I think Logan and Leo are going to be in heaven this summer. This is right up Logan's alley. He could spend all day playing with cars. I'm glad that the absence of Midge has made Leo's heart grow fonder. I'm sure he will be jumping on board for a trip to Mimi and Papa's house asap.

    p.s. - Can't wait for the coast pictures. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete