Friday, June 19, 2009

OCD

Most people would look at this picture and not think anything of it. I look at this and I know that Leo has been here. The night before when I went to bed these hangers were in a jumbled pile. Yet when I came down the stairs in the morning they were categorized into piles according to color and composition. The blues all together, whites in a separate pile, yellow and green were designated into different piles, the wire one was by itself because come on wire can't mix with plastic. The irony is that when looking at the picture I realized that the green one's hook is facing the opposite way of the others. The only reason for this is because I kicked it when I came down the stairs and I put it back into the row wrong. These kinds of groupings are characteristic of our little guy. He sees things in everyday life that the rest of us don't. Often we will catch him in deep thought watching things. During bathtime last night he asked me if I saw anything in the ceiling. In my rushed eyes I saw a generic pattern of plaster. Yet when I asked him what he saw he said he could see the outline of a ghost, and sure enough when he pointed it out I could see a little bit of old Casper's shape. It will be interesting to see what Leo grows up to be.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like we will have another engineer in the family. Doesn't that precision scream Papa?

    ReplyDelete