


It is time to introduce the members of our family that bring life into our lives. Our oldest is our daughter, who is 7. Her nickname has always been Midge. Someone once asked me if it was because she is short, which I laughed at because she isn't short at all, if you ever see her in shorts you will know that she is all legs. I don't even know where the nickname came from it is just something we have always called her. She has other nicknames like pumpkin, cutie, twit, but Midge is what has stuck. The other irony is that she is not short in anything. Not in talent, energy, intelligence. She is always on the move. She is the leader of our bunch. She is constantly figuring out games, coming up with new ideas, organizing the family, and keeping us on our toes. She is also sensitive and loving. I have an entire stack of letters from her that she leaves on my pillow with amazing and personal thoughts from her. She is reflective about life and asks amazing questions. She also isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Along with this depth she also has a healthy (and sometimes not so healthy) dose of a temper. From an early age (14 months) she hasn't been afraid to let it rip. She has had marathon tantrums. (All I need to say is screaming naked on the friged Oregon Coast and Ken knows exactly what I am talking about). The wonderful thing has been to watch her over the past few years grow and learn to control her temper. I have been so amazed at all she has taught me. There is a reason God gave us Midge first, and without a doubt he knew exactly what he was doing, if only for Ken and I to look at each other and saw "We've seen that before!"
I loved the words that you used to talk about her. She is such a gorgeous girl on the inside as well as the outside. It's so neat that she was blessed to have you as a mother. I love watching the relationship that you have with her, because there is a closeness and a bond that you have that seems very deep and precious.
ReplyDelete