Friday, June 12, 2009

The Baby











Ok I am figuring this blogging thing out. You might want to start at the bottom and then read this backwards. Who knew you had to plan when you were blogging. Ah well live and learn...












Our youngest to introduce is Little Miss. She is the baby of the family and knows it. She is full of personality and determination. She adores her big sister and is loving being her personal shadow this summer. She loves her big brother as well, but he is rougher with her and she puts up with his rough play until she gets tired. Little Miss is always with a smile, if she isn't smiling you know she isn't feeling good or is tired. She loves her sleep, usually getting any where from 12 - 14 hours each night and a good 2 hour nap. The irony is that she was a very tempermental baby. For about 8 weeks starting when she was 2 weeks old she cried every night from 2-5 hours. I read during this time that often these type of babies will suddenly stop and develop very sweet personalities and that completely held true for our baby girl. She is adorable and her only vice is that she refuses to talk. She is completely capable and understands entire sentences we direct to her she simply refuses to talk unless it is on her own terms. Her nursery teacher has heard her say: "Don't touch me!" She has said each of the kids names, animals, milk, please, mama. dada, but if you ask her to say it she refuses. Tonight I was tired of her screaming at me. She was screaming for her milk and I decided to feign ignorance. I kept telling her say please and she refused. She eventually threw herself on the ground kicking and screaming, grabbing me by the legs and pulling me to the fridge, then going to the drawers to start throwing pots, pans, lids and utensils (her latest strategy). I felt like Helen Keller's teacher trying to teach a wild child to speak for the first time. I ended up leaving her alone in the kitchen and she followed me to the couch and threw herself down next to me. I picked her up and took her to the fridge acting like I was putting something away. When I opened the fridge she pointed to her milk. I said, "do you want this?" and she replied, "yes milk please". I swear what am I going to do with this one when she grows up. She flashes those hazel puppy dog eyes and we are in trouble.

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute! I think Bella and her will have a really good time this summer. It will be interesting to see if Logan is drawn to her as well, because their communication skills are about the same level. Plus all of Logan's friends here are girls.

    ReplyDelete