Friday, June 12, 2009

It's Official


Well it has happened. I remember when scrapbooking became really big and I kept ignorning it. Everyone kept telling me you need to get into this and I just resisted. It wasn't that I wasn't interested, but rather that I knew I would get too involved. It is kind of the same thing with blogging. People have been telling me for awhile that I needed to do this and I simply resisted. In the back of my mind I kind of knew I would want to start but I was a little nervous about the amount of time involved. My sister really pushed for me to start a blog, and so here I am in our debut showing. One of the honest reasons I was reluctant to start a blog is it seems a little intrusive to me. I have no problem sharing with our friends and family our news, but in my reading of others blogs I have been led to the lives of people I don't even know. I have gotten caught up in their very personal events, and I was a little apprehensive to open myself up to that kind of view of myself and our family. For now I will treat this as a journey. The part that I really will enjoy is being able to document all of this for my children. A living journal if you will. I will try to be as open as possible while at the same time respecting our privacy.

2 comments:

  1. so glad that you have started a blog. will be so fun to keep up with you guys this way! love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad my nagging finally paid off. If I make a comment about your kids would you prefer me to use their nicknames? Like I said if you ever have any blog questions just let me know.

    ReplyDelete