Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Big 40!

As I side note I need to point out that my oldest kiddo has decided to start a blog. It is connected to mine and she would love it if you popped over and left her some comments: http://myfavoritehamster.blogspot.com/

My sweet husband turned 40 yesterday. I am so glad that he is older than me and can 
hit all of these milestones before me. He asked for his favorite dinner of little meatloaves, 
mashed potatoes, salad and peas. I had plenty of help in the kitchen. 

 We got him a new Duck shirt for his present. Considering that the old one has multiple holes in it I think it was about time. Of course he thinks he still needs to keep the old one for running.
 The whole gang of munchkins and an extra neighbor munchkin.

 For his cake I had a vision of a reese's peanut butter cup. So I made chocolate cake and used this 
for the filling and covered the cake in this frosting. At first when I made the frosting it was a disaster.
 It wouldn't whip up for me at all. So I just stuck it in the fridge, shed a few tears, and ignored it 
and when I decided to look at it again I decided to whip it once more and it turned into magic.
 The cake was amazing so delicious. Which may be why when I got home from work today 
there wasn't even a scrap left.
When I gave my little guy the spatula to lick the frosting off it he thought he was in heaven. 

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEN! That cake looks divine. We discovered a peanut butter cream made by Reese's that when whipped into a frosting, tastes just like the real thing. It's out at United Grocers in Eugene. Yummy! Casey's birthday is tomorrow. He's turning 38 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday big guy! Looks like you had a great day. And Kirs, I want that receipe. Looks yummy!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete