Thursday, May 17, 2012

A Trip of a Lifetime

So one morning our kids woke up to a regular morning with a normal routine when all of the sudden a phone call came in from Mickey Mouse and Goofy telling them that they needed to pack their bags because they were going to this place...





I had already packed most of their things and they were so excited to be able to go. Ironically this was Little Miss's first time flying whereas Huck was broken in at the age of 6 weeks. 

 Huck was so excited about the planes. Anytime he saw one he would start screaming 
hysterically, "plane...plane." People weren't sure what to think of him. My parents also 
came with us on the trip. My mom met us at the airport and my dad met us at the airport in LA 
because he flew in from Salt Lake City. LA was so drastically different from Eugene. The kids had a bit of a shock. By that time it was late at night and they were exhausted and the sounds and crowds were a little too much for them. By the time we reached our hotel they crashed. 


 We stayed at the Staybridge. I meant the entire time to take pictures and I never did, but it was perfect. We had two bedrooms with locked doors, two bathrooms, a full kitchen with a fridge, stovetop and microwave, and a dining table and living room with a pull out couch. The couch wasn't exactly comfortable to sleep on so we just had Huck sleep on the floor and we each slept with one of the kids (since they refused to sleep with each other).  We quickly figured out why they hated sleeping with each other, I forgot how much kids move around. Each night I woke up to a kid poking or kicking me. One night I had to grab Leo's feet that were in my face and swing him around right side. Seriously who sleeps like that? 
 The first day we got there the kids were so excited. All of us were. The picture below is Little Miss's first view of the castle down Main Street. Leo picked her up to get a better view. 
 The very first ride was Finding Nemo. It was a lot of fun, but Huck did get a little freaked out in one part. I was proud of my mom because she is a little claustrophobic, but she did fine. 
 As soon as we got out of Finding Nemo we noticed that the Jedi Training Camp was starting. We thought we would just let the kids check it out to get an idea of what it was all about. We weren't planning on doing it that day, but amazingly all the kids got chosen to be in the show (except of course Huck - who would have gladly joined his siblings.) Leo was wearing a shirt designed by my brother  that said The Force is Strong with this One, and I think this helped him get chosen because anyone with Star Wars shirts was allowed in. The girls were chosen too because they were so excited and were jumping up and down. Little Miss was placed up on the stage right next to the main announcer and he talked to her throughout the show. The master Jedi teaches the kids a routine with their light sabers.





 Then the stage opens up and Darth Maul and Darth Vader come out and challenge the young Jedis. Each kid then gets a one-on-one opportunity to battle the Darths in combat. It was amazing but when I saw my babies going up against these two men in full costume I wasn't sure how they would do. 























The shirts that were our good luck charms.

My mom made the girls these awesome shirts.
 Definitely an amazing trip. I have a ton more to update about so stay tuned.

So here is the video of their experiences. Excuse my poor video taping it is very stressful to see your babies battling Darth Vader and Darth Maul. 


3 comments:

  1. So fun! I have been waiting to see pictures of the big trip. I think it will probably take you a month to blog about all the stuff you guys did. How did you get M's hair to stay curly like that? It's super cute. I also think you could do a whole post on the kid's clothes. Did Patch make that shirt? Very cool looking. And the girl's shirts are also adorable.

    Glad to see you guys had such a great time. I'm sure you made memories they will never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun. So proud of my little warriors. And only Little Miss could pull off fighting Darth Vadar in a tutu!!!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a fun vacation!!! I'm so glad you guys had such a fun time. Andrew is so impressed with the battle video. Someday I would love to take our kids to Disneyland. When we go I'll have to get tips from you.

    ReplyDelete