Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 2 Disneyland: Part 2

Day 2 in Disneyland was our longest day of the entire trip so it gets a 2 part entry. 
In the afternoon we headed over to California Adventure Land. My parents paid for us to have lunch and we were supposed to get tickets to World of Color. The show didn't start until 9:00 and Huck was exhausted after our early morning so Mimi and Papa headed back to the hotel to rest and we took the kids to see the Aladdin Musical. It was wonderful and something that you would expect to pay for in a broadway theater show. 


 We got great seats in the third row and they all loved it except that Little Miss said that Jasmine wasn't the real Jasmine because she was dressed differently. 














 If she had her way this is where she would be in an instant. 
We had already done the Grizzly River Run earlier in the day and we had a fast pass to do it again. The kids loved it so after the musical we did it again. We also did Soaring over California. 
 We then met up with Mimi, Papa and Huck and headed over to World of Color. I have to admit I was a little frustrated. I had a certain expectation that we would have reserved seats because we had gotten tickets with the lunch package, but when we arrived 45 minutes early everyone who had gotten fast passes were already admitted into the same place we were. I still thought we would be able to see, but when the show started all of the places along the railing were already reserved by adults and they would not move for the kids. The kids were so frustrated that they couldn't see I finally grabbed the shoulders of two 20 year olds, pulled them back, and shoved my kids in between them and begged them to allow my kids to stand in front of them. I can't believe that adults wouldn't look around and see these small children behind them and not allow them to get in front. I think the show was really neat. I saw the first part through the armpits of others. About 2/3rds of the way through a whole group of people left after an amazing sea battle and we were able to move in and watch the rest of the show which was amazing. 
The first tier of people got drenched during the show. Literally dripping wet. We were on the second tier and still got pretty wet. Poor Little Miss sat on her daddy's shoulders during the show and when we took her off her legs had fallen asleep. She had never experienced this before, and this combined with being up all day made her exhausted. The most amazing part about Disneyland is by the time we would get back into our hotel room at night everyone would be so exhausted we would all just fall into bed fast asleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment