Sunday, May 20, 2012

The first day's Rides

The first day we started off in Tomorrow Land. 
The very first ride we did was the Finding Nemo Submarine Tour. 

Then we raced over to Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters. This ended up being a favorite because the line was so fast and we would ride it over and over again. Then we took a ride on Autotopia. We had an adult for each kid so Mimi rode with Little Miss (where apparently these two couldn't stop hysterically laughing) Leo went with Ken, Papa had Huck, and I was with Midge. This was another of the kid's favorite rides that we kept doing. Huck loved driving the cars. 


 It is crazy to me how relaxed she looks in this picture driving. 
This is definitely a look I will have to get used to in a few years. 


 My sister crocheted these amazing Minnie Mouses for the girls hair. I just e-mailed her a picture and she whipped them out. I don't know how she does it. The last time I tried crocheting I ended up breaking the hook and it definitely was not relaxing. 

 Ken and I took the kids for a ride of Space Mountain while Mimi and Papa took the younger two for a ride on the Train. We were going to take Little Miss with us too, but when I saw a ton of kids crying at the exit to the ride I knew it would be too much for her. 
When we got off the ride I snapped a picture of us on the ride.
 I love Leo's expression. I had my eyes closed on purpose, which is kind of silly since it is dark.
 Our two oldest had fun but I think it made them a little 
dizzy so they didn't want to go on any spinning rides for awhile.
 Little Miss on the other hand was totally eager. So I got sent to take her on the Astro Orbiter. She loved it because she could control how high it flew. Of course she had to fly the highest. 


 The kids were really in to meeting the characters and brought 
along their autograph books that they made. 


 The first day was low 80s by the afternoon. Our Oregon bodies were not used to this and the kids were dead by 2:00. We decided to get them ice cream. Leo's fell on the ground, but Disneyland has this great policy that they will give you a free replacement so everyone was happy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment