Whenever we have mother's day or father's day a familiar refrain at our house is, "how come there isn't a kid's day?" Our response is everyday is kid's day. Eye rolling usually ensues. On Saturday Ken left at 5 AM to go on a much deserved fishing trip with friends. While I was happy for him I knew that entertaining 4 kids all day and night was going to be a challenge. I needed something to keep us all happy or we would have been miserable.

So I came up with a plan. You know that place in the park with all the sand and water that
every time you go is off limits to the kids. The place that you try to distract them from.
The place that you tell them maybe we will do that next time. Well today we did it. This
day was all about not saying no. Everything that you always tell your kids No to was what
I wanted to be able to say yes to. So I told the kids to prepare to get dirty.

Did I mention that we got dirty.

The funny thing was that there were so many kids who saw what my kids were doing and tried to join us, but then their parents would say, "Not today, maybe next time". I had so many parents looking at me like I was crazy. One mom kept saying to me, "You know your kids are getting really dirty". Yep that was kind of the point.

Yep really dirty.

The proud builders.

Then we went home and had ice cream. Yep before we even ate lunch.
The kids thought I was awesome!
and then
we
watched
movies
all
afternoon...
Such a good mommy!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi