Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Mop my floors or hang out with my baby

It is summer time and my floors need to be mopped so badly. The thing is I know that as soon as I mop them someone will spill juice on them or track dirt from outside on to them. Therefore I just don't really have the motivation to do them. Then of course just as I was finally going to mop them this little guy woke up. So do I mop floors or play with my baby boy. I bet you can tell from these pictures what I decided to do. The fact is that my sticky dirty floors will still be there tomorrow, but this little guy seems to grow bigger each day.


Ken thought his eyes might turn brown. I don't think so daddy, they're going to be blue just like mommy's.
He has got this finger sucking down, plus it is a good signal that he is starting to get tired. I have never had a finger sucker and I think it is pretty adorable.

The entire time we were taking photos he kept trying to do this with his tongue. Maybe some teeth are working their way in?


I love these below pictures. I took them holding the camera off to the side and just playing around. Often I know we can be critical of ourselves in pictures, but I know that I need to take some of myself playing with my kids. The fact is that it is moments like the ones below that I love the most at this age. Kissing soft skin, making him laugh, having his eyes light up when they focus on my face. There is a wonder that happens between a mom and a baby. This child is half me. The dependency of a child on a mother is overwhelming and awe inspiring all at once. For this period of time you literally are the world to this child.



My husband is such a good sport. He doesn't even roll his eyes anymore when I tell him that I want some pictures with him in them. His reply today, "Now what do you want me to do?". My reply, "Just play with him and make him laugh." Always easy for daddy to do.

I got baby Huck's 4 month information from his doctor's visit.
Huck Length 25 1/2 in. Weight 16 lb. 4 oz.
Midge Length 25 3/4 in. Weight 13 lb. 10 oz.
Leo Length 26 3/4 in. Weight 19 lb. 12 oz.
Little Miss Length 26 1/2 in. Weight 15 lb. 14 oz.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, playing with cute kiddos - especially that handsome little guy - always beat out mopping the floors!! :) Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you didn't pick up that mop. 'cause I'm pretty sure the "clean-floor" police are not coming to your door today!
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures of you and Huck are Beautiful! I just love making my baby laugh and I know exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete