I have always wanted to grow our own pumpkins, and this year we finally had the space to do it. The kids designed their pumpkins this year and Midge did a great job of helping us clean them out. The first one is Midge's pumpkin. She picked this pumpkin out in August when it was growing. She was so excited to see it getting bigger. We picked it and had it outside waiting for the big day and then a couple of days before Halloween she noticed that something had been eating on it. Thus the scratch marks at the bottom. She was a good sport about it and incorporated it into her design. This pumpkin is a tribute to her best lil buddy Snuggles, the family hamster.
This pumpkin is Little Miss's. She is such a happy kiddo that we had to carve a big smily face for her.
Leo wanted a star wars theme so we carved a storm trooper for him. Ah can't wait until the kids can clean, design and carve their own.
I know that I have been bad about posting lately, but this is the crazy time of year. Last weekend was crazy with Halloween, Monday I had to work late because I was at a training workshop. Thursday was conferences with parents so I didn't get home until 8:30. Friday was catching up on things and running errands. Finally today we had nothing to do. Little Miss didn't even get out of her pjs. Luckily the entire afternoon was rainy and cold so we didn't really leave the house. Leo went to play at his best buddy's house and Midge loved having her parents undivided attention once Little Miss was down for a nap. With the extra time I was determined to work on my blog. The only thing is that my laptop battery is dead, I forgot to bring home the charger, and most of the pictures I was going to blog about are downloaded on to my laptop and no longer on my computer. So here I am with some events that happened several weeks ago. Oh well you just have to stay tuned for Ken's birthday and Halloween pictures. I do have the kids pumpkin pictures so I can be festive and include those at least.
We have a big fluffy bed and whenever I change the sheets its like the kids radar goes off and then come running in to jump on our bed. To be honest I don't really like them jumping on the bed because I worry they are going to fall off. So I usually am running around the bed making sure they don't fall off.
This is a landmark moment. Little Miss's hair is finally able to go up in a ponytail. I still remember doing this the first time for Midge's hair. My little girl is growing up.
Loved the pumpkins. You are all so talented.
ReplyDeleteI remember when Midge and Little Miss's mommy had her first ponytail. Time truly does fly by - but it's on wings of angels and we have such wonderful times and memories.
Love,
Mimi