Ken is usually the one who is charge of dressing Liam on Sundays, or at least is supposed to direct him in the picking out of clothes. Of course considering that my husband's favorite attire is sweats and a holy sweatshirt this may not be the best idea. A friend of mine and I actually had to give Ken a dress code when we invited him on a date back when we were dating (no sweats or flannel.) As a result I realized this past Sunday I may have to rethink this plan as having Ken being Leo's fashion guide. We were rushing to get to church (how does the happen when we have 1:00 church?) Any way I really didn't look at what my son was wearing until he stepped out of the side of the van as we were going into the building. I tried not to stare as I noticed he was wearing a blue button down shirt, a different color blue shorts with beagles on them, and red and black argyle socks with black dress shoes. He had the socks pulled all the way up. I said to him, "So Leo that is some outfit you have on." His reply, "Yep I picked it out all by myself." When I met Ken's gaze from across the van he said, "He thinks he looks good." When it gets right down to it who am I to tell him any different. If the kid wants to look like a retired old man from Florida who has just gotten off of the golf course and is going to stop by a few tourist shops why not. If the kid thinks he looks good who am I, and my little reputation as a mother to say different.

Yeah. That was hilarious... I don't think your reputation as a mother is at stake. I know where I'd have placed my bets if I'd had the chance. :)
ReplyDeleteYep, all he needs is a pair of sandals, a fanny pack, and a camera around his neck and he would look just like his Papa when he travels. Funny
ReplyDeleteSo cute! What a fun memory of mommyhood to hang onto! And I'm sure everyone thought you were a great mother for keeping it in perspective!
ReplyDeleteI love you Kirsten! This post just made my night. I totally know what you mean. Sometimes it's so hard to just let our kids be independent. That's great that Ken just let him wear whatever he wanted to. I know I need to loosen up on stuff like that, but I am a fashion diva and it kills me when my kids are miss matched!
ReplyDelete