Have you ever thought that your kids were in bed and quietly going to sleep and all the sudden they come down dressed like this!
What this doesn't happen to any of you?
Really...and I assumed this was a normal part of parenting.
Well in our house this is a normal happening.


Yes he is a cowboy with no pants, but plenty of attitude. Come on you've never heard of one before. Well we have plenty of those kind around here too.


In the mid part of the week I was working on the couch, and I suddenly hear from the kitchen..."Oh man this isn't good... crap". Now I did what anyone of you would have done. I ignored the comments and pretended I couldn't hear what was going on behind me.
Believe me I tried really hard to ignore what was happening. But when I heard the words: "Ok Midge see if you can stick your hand up there and try to pull him back out" I knew I had to get involved. Turns out Ken took our pet hamster, Snuggles for a walk. Yes that is right a walk because everyone knows that hamsters need walks. Turns out in the bottom of one of our kitchen cupboards there is a hole. Within seconds the hamster jumped in the hole and was gone. Ken tried to coax him out, but he wasn't interested. Some of you may remember that on Mother's Day a similar thing happened with the same hamster. That time it was the bathroom cupboard. While I got the pleasure of taking 3 kiddos to church by myself Ken got to camp out in front of a hole and wait for the hamster to reappear. This time Ken didn't want to sleep in the kitchen all night so he rigged up a trap.

The idea was that the hamster would eventually come looking for food and exercise on his favorite wheel and come out. He set up the wood and cans so the hamster couldn't get out and escape to other places in the house. We went to bed, and right before we went to sleep Ken decided to go down and check. All I heard was crashing cans and a few yelps. Ken came up delighted because his trap had worked. I was too tired to take a picture.

So here is Ken with his little buddy.

Our Little Miss has learned two new words...No Way! Can you imagine this sweet face saying No Way. Well she does. All the time. It started at the doctor's office yesterday when we tried to get her on the scale to weigh her. I asked her to get on the scale and she said, "No Way". Several times at the doctor's office she said this. I took her home and Ken watched her when I went to work. When I got home I asked him if he had heard Little Miss's new words. He said, "You mean no way?" So since then we have heard this repeatedly. Do you want to get your shoes on? No Way. Do you want to get dressed? No Way. Ah what a fun stage.
Oh yes, the dress up thing happens around here too. Last time it was Sophia and Eli in their fanciest attire. They had been practicing their interpretation of the tango and then came downstairs to perform. Sophia's face was caked in my make-up. What sillys! Oh, and NO WAY!
ReplyDeleteHow about if you ask little Miss - Do you want Mimi to buy you an ice-cream cone? I bet she wouldn't say "No Way" to that!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi
That's a big hamster!
ReplyDeleteNo way! Gotta love it. No really, I mean you've gotta just love it or it drives you crazy! Ethan's new ones are "get outta here!" (which is quickly followed by a stern look from me and a "you don't talk like that to mommy or daddy") and "you let go!" when he's grabbed something he shouldn't have. Yeah, fun stuff. ;)
ReplyDeleteHave I mentioned recently that I really love that you guys have a blog now. I love that your house always has something going on, and it's super entertaining. Thanks for keeping your east coast fam up to date on all the fun things your guys are up to. Keep the pictures and stories coming, we LOVE them!
ReplyDelete