Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's Been A Big Week

It has been a big week for our oldest. She started 3rd grade on Wednesday. She really likes her teacher, Mrs. Frederico. At first she had heard she was mean, but on the first day she leaned over to me and said, "Mom I just heard her say a joke. I think she is going to be nice." I have heard that as long as your child is obedient she is a great teacher. The one thing about Midge is that, while she may challenge us at home she is always a shining example at school.

My mom bought her this outfit and this is what she wanted to wear to school on the first day. She was also very specific about how she wanted her hair done.
I got this backpack from Land's End around Christmas last year. They gave me free shipping and it was on clearance. I got a great price for it and it is an amazing back pack. I am so sick of all her other back packs falling apart usually after just a month. Hopefully this will last her a couple of years.

Here is a photo of her brand new school. They are still finishing a few items around the school. The inside is beautiful and Midge loves that is is air conditioned. Leo is starting kindergarten, but much to his dismay he doesn't start school until Tuesday of this coming week. It has been hard for him because he has been waiting to go to the big school for so long and he has had to start almost a week later than Midge. The great news is that we found out he is getting the kindergarten teacher Midge had, Mr. Jordan. We love him and Leo is so excited, plus he will be in the class with several of his friends.
This week Midge also started soccer. Today she had her jamboree, so she had 3 games today. Ken went on a back packing trip with the scouts. (He backpacked in his own tent, a raft, oars, his fishing gear, a foot pump - his pack weighed 60 pounds). As a result of him being gone and the weather being so hot today I knew I couldn't handle 3 kids so I hired a babysitter. That was the best money spent. I was able to focus on Maddy's games and not worry about everyone getting dehydrated. It was so hot, but the big killer today was the nearly 50% humidity. Midge did really well we loaded her up with fluids, brought an umbrella for her to sit under, and a spray bottle to spray her and her teammates down. As a result she had three awesome games and played amazing.
She would charge out on the field with such energy.
She ended up scoring two goals. Her first goal won the game for the team because it was the only goal scored. She is the only 3rd grader on her team, because Midge is a young 3rd grader. I could have insisted that she be on the 10 and under team but there are 17 girls on the team. She would rarely play and I like the fact that on this team her confidence is stronger because she is a valued player.
Hanging out in the shade. Look at all those pink cheeks.
I always love that they line the girls up after the game and make them congratulate the other team.




The boy to the left is Midge's coach. We think he is about 15 - 16. Midge has had a lot of fun with him. He is very patient with the girls. The girls have come up with a nickname for him Mr. Fluffy. I'm sure he is delighted to be coaching a pack of 12 girls.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Midge. I know that this is going to be a great school year for you. You are such an example to those around you. Always remember that your Heavenly Father and Jesus love you so much. In fact they love you even more than Papa and I do, which seems almost impossible!!!
    Love,
    Mimi
    PS please send us your soccer schedule. Me, Papa, and Uncle Patch would love to come see you play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her style. It reminds me so much of yours when you were younger. Do you remember the outfit you had in high school where you wore plaid tights and a gray baby-doll dress? I always loved your clothes and your free spirited style. That is awesome that you are passing that down onto Midge. What a cutie!

    I'm glad that you guys are keeping busy and can't wait to hear how Leo's first day of school went. Take care, we love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete