So my mother has this blue dress that she wore to her oldest sister's wedding reception. When I was a little tike they put me in the dress and snapped a picture of me holding a picture of my mom wearing the dress. So I got the brilliant idea that I would do the same with my kiddo. I never really got around to doing it with Midge, but don't people always say the middle kids get looked over (maybe that is just my sis :). Anyway I decided when we were at my mom's to get the dress out and put it on Little Miss.

At first all she wanted to do was stare at the picture. Pretty cute, but I was going for the three generation theme and it was crucial that she give me a lovely smile, while clearly showing the picture as well.

Notice no lovely smile and an absolute refusal to clearly show the picture. She actually threw it to the ground - ah you precious little booger.

So guess how we got this smile. Midge came running up behind me with a gigantic lollipop and said, "Smile and you can have this!" Look at that grin that little sneak was capable of it the entire time. Now if she had only been holding the picture correctly.

Ah well here is the picture of me in the dress with a lovely smile and clearly holding the picture of my mother in the dress. What a clearly obedient child I was!
**************************************************
So I have to add a side note here. Midge's dance concert was tonight, and being the truly wonderful mother that I am I dutifully charged the battery for the camera. When we got to the recital I handed the camera to Ken who promptly tried to turn the camera on, but to no avail. When he opened the battery compartment it was empty. The battery was at home in the charger. I want it noted that I did put in effort to record my daughter's dance recital and she was stinking cute and did a great job. Please note that I can attest I know that there are other mother's out there that this has happened to, and I would appreciate hearing from you so that my daughter doesn't think her mother is losing her mind.
Love the pictures. It seems like not too long ago, I was taking that picture of you holding the picture.
ReplyDeleteAnd I guess I'll forgive you for not recording my beautiful granddaughter's dance program. At least I got to see the practice!!!
Love,
Mimi
Wow! Love the pictures - what a cool idea. Sorry it didn't work out just how you wanted, but I do love the first pic of her just staring at the picture. :)
ReplyDeleteWell it was a nice idea! Actually your shots are cute and it will be a cute story to tell. We'll just have to see how it goes with HER daughter!
ReplyDelete