Our little Midge is a very determined little girl. She knows what she wants and when she makes up her mind she goes for it. For several weeks now she has been begging me to get her hair cut. I kept telling her she needed to think about it because once you get it cut you can't change your mind. (Of course part of me was stalling because I was trying to get used to the idea of her hair being cut more than she was.) I kind of thought she might forget about it, but she kept bringing it up. I finally told her I would make an appointment. She was so upset I couldn't get it for the day I called. We went in today and cut it, and she loves it. When we came out she was jumping up and down. She said it felt so light and free, she said she felt like she didn't have any hair at all. I am really excited that it is cut now because the length was always a battle to brush. She was tired of the tangles, and I was tired of the arguing. I like the fact that she can still style it and pull it back if she wants.
When we got home she took her new haircut seriously and decided to host a fashion show with her brother. Her is her brother's creation. We title it "Wild man meets inner athlete"
Here is our little glamor girl.
If you compare the pictures from the fire station Midge lost a good 6 inches of hair. She was shocked to see her hair on the floor when we left.
I love her new haircut! It really complements the shape of her face, and it's so nice to have a nice short summer cut. Was she able to donate any of her hair? Maybe that would be a good goal for her next time. She has such beautiful hair, and I'm sure she would love to know that she is helping another little girl or boy.
ReplyDelete