Thursday, July 2, 2009

First Lost Tooth

Leo lost his first tooth yesterday. For several weeks now it has been loose. Midge swallowed her first tooth, so she has been reinforcing to him the need to be careful.
In the morning I took the kids to the free movies at VRC. In the middle of the movie he screams out it is really loose, and Midge confirms it is hanging by a thread. 
When we got home for lunch it was so close I kept telling him he should just pull it out. He was too scared and even started crying a little. I told him not to worry it would come out when it was ready. Sure enough he started to walk away, and then swung around with the tooth in his hand.
He is so excited he keeps showing everyone.
Unfortunately the tooth fairy did not come last night. Ken and I were awoken bright and early with complaints. We told the kids that they had stayed up too late last night (Midge was still up at 11:00 when Ken and I went to bed) and the tooth fairy will not come if children are not asleep. Hopefully the loud fireworks won't affect their sleep tonight. 

1 comment:

  1. That tooth fairy sure has a hard job. Our kids are pretty light sleepers I have no idea how the tooth fairy will make it in and out without being discovered.

    ReplyDelete