Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Preschool Updates

First of all things have been crazy, and I have a ton of blog posts to do but I really wanted to make sure that I got blogged about preschool. First of all we started with show and tell. I thought this part was so sweet. V-girl brought this adorable treasure box filled with her best treasures (a tiny tea cup, a mirror, a disco ball - don't tell me you wouldn't have one of those in your treasure box ladies if you couldn't fit it in there). The sweetest part though was when she pulled out the baby Jesus from a nativity set and said that Jesus was her treasure.

Of course that sweet moment was transformed when C-boy said, "What is that red thing under Jesus's armpit?" It is a red bead, and it was as funny to 3/4 year olds as you all
laughing right now.
Of course we had to have our traditional puppet show. The kids love this (especially trying to shoot darts at the puppets while they are performing.) Each kid gets a chance to do a show.
Then in order to encourage Spring to arrive we made Spring time fairies. How adorable right!



The one thing I didn't get a picture of was gunny sack. The theme of the week was order and goal setting (yeah I know). I taught the kids that it is important to pick up their toys. I told them that we were going to make gunny sacks that would eat any toys that aren't picked up. It would hold the toys for a week and then spit them out. If it ate the same toy twice it wouldn't spit it out. I expected they might be a little unsure, but the looks of terror on their faces let me know they weren't really going for this project.

Here were the other comments:
"If the gunny sack gets all filled up with my toys will it throw them up?"

"Will the gunny sack eat remote control cars?"

"I don't think I want a gunny sack at my house. Can we make something else?"

So much for the joy of goal setting and order!
At least when I told them the snack was popsicles on the back porch we were back on track. You would have thought I hung the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment