
This past week was Ken's birthday. I had to attend a conference for work in Portland so I missed his big day. Instead we decided to celebrate before I left. My mom and Huck were able to go to the conference with me. We stayed an extra day and had a lot of fun playing around Portland.

Ken loves bananas so I decided to invent a banana split cupcake. I used this recipe, and then played around with the toppings. The kids had fun helping me.

For his birthday Midge used her artistic skills and drew portraits of the family. She has turned in to quite the artist. She gave Ken all of her favorite drawings.



Leo made Ken a card where he made hearts and he wrote all of the things
he loved about his dad.
Happy Birthday Ken! Those cupcakes look like they turned out to be incredible! Maybe you should open up a cupcake store. : ) We have the picture that Midge drew on our fridge, and everyday when the kids go by it they stop and point out all the people she drew. She is a lot like her Papa and Uncle Patch.
ReplyDelete