We had a fun weekend, sprinkled with the occasional fight thrown in to make us fear the upcoming summer vacation. I took Midge, Leo, and baby boy to go see Diary of a Wimpy Kid. Midge and I have read the books. I liked the older brother Roderick. We decided to make fruit pizza. I can't wait for the berries of summer.


For whatever the reason the kids have had so much energy lately. I knew that I needed to let them use some of it up or they would destroy the house so we headed over to a favorite park.



Little Miss has to always swing before she slides down.






Midge took all of the following pictures of baby boy.
My baby boy is getting so big. He smiles so easily know and loves to coo and talk.

We have a fun little baseball game too.




Barbie even plays on our team.




I love with the exuberance with which my kids play. Ken and I laugh that while sometimes it would be nice to have quiet, demur children it wouldn't be half as much fun.

The big news around our house is that Little Miss is starting to figure out the whole potty training thing. In the beginning her stubbornness got in the way. She simply didn't want to do what we wanted her too, and we knew she wouldn't figure it out until it was on her terms. On the very first day of potty training she used the potty twice, but then she refused to go again. Instead she would hold the pee until we put a diaper on her when she went to bed. It was frustrating because we would have her sit on the potty and nothing would happen and then she would walk away and she would have an accident. (Speaking of which I found a great product called pig pads. They work great at pulling the pee out of the carpet. When Ken worked at Jerry's they had them to clean up spills. I convinced the paint department to sell me some.)
Then yesterday she was standing next to the potty and started having an accident again I quickly took her to the potty and she got a few drops in the potty. She jumped up and said, "I went on the potty". I thought I would tell her she hadn't done anything, but we decided to go with it. We had a little celebration party, got out the stickers, and motivational marshmallows, high fives and a piggy back ride from daddy.
Everyone went on to other things and then about 15 minutes later I caught her going potty again, this time for real. She was so delighted with herself and we threw another little potty party. Ever since then she has done great - it has clicked as you would say.

The fruit pizza looks D.I.V.I.N.E!
ReplyDeleteYou're right, quiet kids wouldn't be as much fun.
Nice sometimes, but we can't have it all.
And a major YAY for potty training!!!
I still have never tried my hand at a fruit pizza... Yum! Yours looks great!
ReplyDeleteAnd where is that park?! Looks awesome!