
Love this girl to death, but boy has she been dishing it out lately. Today I decided to take her to the library for story time. We pull into the parking lot and I tell her what we are here for. Her reply, "I'll just stay in the car". As if the only reason we drove all the way over here was so that I could sit on the floor with a bunch of 2 year olds and sing Einsey Winsey Spider and then fight for the chunky crayons to color my little picture.
I convinced her to get out of the car by allowing her to push the buttons in the elevator.
Did you know that there is actually a button that sets off an alarm when pressed? Well we now do.
I mean who thought of placing that button next to all of the other buttons at a 2 year old height level? (The button is a bell with a line through it - like that is supposed to stop a 2 year old mind, "Man well I was going to press the button but thank goodness they put the line through it now I won't be tempted at all".)
Any who we made it in to the library and when I asked her if she wanted to join the group of kids singing and listening to stories she looked at the group in disgust and replied "No thanks."
Instead we selected our books and played on all of the computers before the other kids got out of their group activity - maybe there is something to this.
Then while all of the other kids were getting books Little Miss moved in to play with the toys.
Little Miss has one rule regarding toys.
#1 Rule If I touched a toy within the last 30 minutes it's mine.
Today she ran around and gathered up all of the dinosaurs. One little girl ran up when Little Miss was playing with her plethora of dinos and snatched one. Little Miss was astounded at her audacity and huffed her exasperation. When the little girl came in for another snatch she jumped in front of her, put one hand on her hip, pointed her finger, looked her dead in the eye, and said, "These are my dinosaurs, turn around, and go back to your mom." If she could have added a finger snap and a flip of her hair she would have.
Her brother isn't immune to her attitude. For whatever reason those to are able to push one another's buttons within seconds of him coming home from kindergarten. It usually begins with a comment about her stinky blanket and ends with a "You're stupid" and a timeout on the stool.
You may be wondering where all of this attitude comes from and frankly Ken and I have a pretty good idea. We know that she has learned this from a family member, someone she looks up to, someone who has had great influence in shaping the little woman she is turning in to, we blame it entirely upon her older sister Midge.
And where did Midge get that attitude you ask??? -- From her mom!!! I know because I raised you!?!?!?
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi (Mom)
I LOVE,LOVE this post. H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!
ReplyDeleteBwah ha ha ha!! Yes, I'm sure it is 100% from Midge! ;) Ethan pulled the same "I'll just stay in the car" on me today. Uh, no, it doesn't work that way bud!!
ReplyDelete