Yes that is my daughter sitting in the tub with her clothes on.
No I am not going crazy.
I simply didn't want to battle with a 2 year old over bath time.
I wanted her to have a bath.
She wanted her clothes on.
So we compromised.
The best part was Ken's face when he opened the bathroom door, looked at Little Miss, looked at me, and then smartly closed the door without saying a word. Have I mentioned that my husband is a genius. He likewise knows when to choose his battles.

I have also chosen my battles with my older two children for the past month as well. For this reason my oldest daughter goes to sleep with her next day's school clothes on (it lasted for a week and then she went back to wearing pajamas). This is also why my oldest son insists on sleeping on top of his comforter, "But mom then I don't have to make my bed in the morning."
The truth is maybe I have just been doing it wrong all this time.
Maybe I should start showering with my clothes on (double duty on laundry)
Sleeping in tomorrow's clothes (I could jump out of bed ready to go)
And sleep on top of the comforter (no need making the bed)
Think of the time I could save...
That is a good one! I like the reasoning behind sleeping on top of the comforter... We actually do the same thing with Ethan for now and my younger sisters have been doing it for years! I love that your husband opened and closed the bathroom door without saying a word... smart man!! I, too, have been learning to choose my battles lately. Yeah, it's a work in progress.
ReplyDeleteKirsten, all I can say is this: You rock!
ReplyDeleteI use to think that when you guys were little it would be great on Saturday night to get you all ready in your church clothes and that then it would be easier to get to church on time. Maybe you guys could try that!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi
OK this is pretty funny. I was telling mom that Little Miss reminds me of Tobias from Arrested Development. Did you ever see that show? Little Miss is a 'Never Nude'. Ha ha, that should be her new nickname. :)
ReplyDelete