
This past week Baby boy and I traveled to Maryland to visit my sister and her two kiddos. We had so much fun. It was the first time that I have been there and we did a lot. Frankly I am still trying to catch up on my sleep.

The first day I was there we rode the metro into Washington D.C. It was my first time.


This is the very first building I saw when I came up from the underground metro. I was amazed at the architecture. My sister had to keep reminding me to watch where I was going because I kept walking looking up.

The first stop was the Smithsonian Natural History Museum.





We thought this was funny because it was called the Logan Sapphire so we had to lift up my nephew to get a picture next to his stone.



It was fun to see everything, but I found myself continuously thinking of the kids and how much they would love to see what I was viewing. The below picture was the winner in the National Geographic contest. I had to take a picture of it because Midge loves panda bears.

I would have loved to show Leo the dinosaur exhibit.

After the museums we went to see the Washington Monument.



The Capitol.


The White House.

It is funny to me that baby boy got to see all of this and yet he won't remember a thing. When we went to see the White House they had a lot of it blocked off and they wouldn't let us get close. Then about an hour later 3 presidential helicopters flew in and landed on the grounds.

I loved the building of the American Craft Smithsonian. Inside the below piece was my favorite piece.




My sister's kids were amazing. Her son Logan walked the entire day, at least 2 miles. By the end of the day I was exhausted and he still had energy to run.


When we got home I surprised the kids with their own sock monkeys.



I have a lot more pictures but I think I am going to have to post them day by day.
We miss you guys already. When are you coming back? :)
ReplyDeleteWhat great pics. I'm so glad you were able to go and you never know, one of your kids may end up in DC one day. You just never know! The sock monkeys are soooo cute. I love that you made each of them one.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi