We have enrolled the kids again into swimming. I love how it wears them out. For the first time Midge is on the preswim team. They wanted her to join last year, but we weren't sure she was ready to do 45 minutes of laps 3 times a week. We have a great facility close to us, and the instructors have always been great.

She is doing a phenominal job, and is learning a lot.
I wanted to get photos of her doing the breast stroke, but because she was moving so fast I had to switch to athletic mode. The ideal lighting for this mode is outside in the bright sunshine, but I was able to capture her as she would come out of the water for her breathing.

Leo is taking lessons too.
His favorite game is when his teacher hides the rings in the bottom of the pool and he has to go and find them.
We were lucky because Leo is the only person in the class so it is like he is getting private lessons.
He is also learning the crawl stroke.
He also has to practice the back float.
The other thing that we love about this pool is they allow younger siblings to swim for free in the kiddie pool. Leo did this when he was younger and by the time he started taking lessons he was completely comfortable putting his face in the water. Little Miss loves swimming and already wants her own goggles.



That last picture just cracks me up. Ken looks as if he could be caught off guard quite easily!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reminding me that I need to get on the ball and get my kiddos signed up again! That's really awesome that they let the little siblings swim at the same time. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteWe are certainly going to get down there in the next few weeks and see our little "fishes".
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi
Looks like everyone is having lots of fun, well maybe not Ken. Poor guy. Hey I wanted to sent you a link to a blog that I found. You have probably already seen it, but I immediately thought of you and Midge. It's: http://www.cutegirlshairstyles.com/ It has ideas and instructions for different hairstyles for girls. I thought Midge might really get into some of them. Keep us updated on the progress of the baby. Love ya.
ReplyDelete