It always amazes me how certain milestones make your children seem so much bigger in such a short time. Changing from a crib to a big kid bed is always one of these milestones. The below picture is Midge at age 2 in her big girl bed.

Leo age 2 in his big boy bed.


She was so excited. She kept climbing in the bed.

Then she would jump down, and do it all over again.


I worry that she won't sleep well anymore. (This is a kid who I had to wake up this morning after 14 hours of sleep). Tonight she chose to have Ken put her to bed, and I was worried that she wouldn't go to sleep. As soon as he came out I bombarded him with questions, but he said she went right to bed (after a little bit of jumping). We will see how it goes by the time morning comes around.

Hold on to every moment of every day because they do fly by. So greatful for the knowledge that we have that we are a forever family. Otherwise, I think these little moments in time would be even more bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi
Way to go Little Miss. You will have to update and let us know how it went. P.S. - I also can't believe how much hair Midge had when she was two. It was fun to see how small they all were.
ReplyDeleteI know that little Maddie girl!!!
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so cute, Kirsten!
ReplyDelete