Saturday, July 14, 2012

Baptism Day




Today our Leo was baptized by his dad. My amazing brother was there to document the entire thing for us, which I was so grateful for. He has a lot of talent as a photographer. 
He even captured this little moment during our family photographs. 
Can you just hear the thoughts in her head, 
"Please there is no need to say that you are grateful to be standing in my presence. 
A look is simply enough. I know that you love me. Now stand here and be silent and 
don't steal the shot from me."


My mom suggested this shot and I love it. Speaking of my parents I am so grateful they were able to be there and the support that they show our family. At the end of the baptism I handed them our house key and when we got home all of the food was set up when we walked in the door. Amazing. 




The sibling shots are some of my favorite ones, especially this last one. 
Maddy sang the solo "I Feel my Savior's Love" she also learned how to play the song on the violin.
Ken gave the baptism talk, my father Steve Leishman gave the Holy Ghost talk 
and Bishop Richardson had a few words for Leo at the end. 

Afterwards we had a reception back at the house. 




He was really excited to open his presents. 

We got him his own set of scriptures with his name on them, and my parents 
bought him a scripture case with gum "chews the right" (this gift was from Maddy), 
marking pencils, and articles of faith cards. 


We also gave him a journal that we had started years before. Ken and I have written several entries in it for him and now it is his to fill with his thoughts. 


These are the fun candid shots Patch took that I love. 







I made this movie for my little guy. I hope he knows how much we love him.

1 comment:

  1. What a great day for a fantastic boy. We are glad to hear that everything went so well. Wish we could have been there, but we were definitely there in spirit. Also great job on the video. It turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete