I absolutely love Asian culture. Maybe it is because of their food, which I love. Perhaps it is because I had a Japanese pen pal for over a decade. Maybe it is because I really loved learning their history in school and once performed a kabuki play in school which I designed the entire set for. Regardless I love going to our annual Asian Celebration. Ken tolerates it and I made him help me drag the kids out.
My kids are fairly adventurous with their eating, although I would love to see them try even crazier things. Huck was hilarious how he would steal food off of his siblings plates. During dinner martial artists were performing on the stage.
I love the Lion Dancers. Huck had a mixture of terror and fascination with them.
The amazing part this time is the Lion Dancers showed the kids how they do their actions and tricks.
A friend gave us this leash for Huck. This was our first time trying it and it worked great.
In the crowds he couldn't run away from us and Ken thought it was funny to keep telling
him he had a monkey on his back.
Here is my "Yes I was there photograph". Ken didn't get a picture because every time
I looked at him he looked bored out of his mind. If there isn't a fish nearby that needs to
be caught Ken is usually bored.
They asked for volunteers from the kids to try on the costumes and of course Little Miss ran up.
All you can see of Little Miss is her pink glitter shoes she was the back end of the lion.
Once she had broken the ice her older sister and brother had their turns.
She was even more delighted when they let her play the drums.
Midge tried to coax up Huck, but all he wanted were the sticks to the drums.






















Looks like a lot of fun and learning. You two are such good parents.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mimi
PS I think the "monkey" will be great for our trip to Disneyland. Do you think we could get one for all four of the kid?!?!?