Sunday, September 4, 2011

Our Favorite Place on Earth

Earlier this week we were able to head up river to Belknap Hot Springs. We love this place. You can swim in their hot spring pool. It was a little too warm, and I think next time we should go up when it is colder outside and swim. They won't allow kids who aren't potty trained to swim so Huck was out of luck. The best part though is the gardens that surround the Resort. 










 The flowers and river were the view that Huck had from this little bench. He was so cute as he sat here and watched the river.


 Our favorite garden is the Secret Garden.









 We have a special place that we always love to fish. We were excited to see that they have made a little path to get there and built a beach area for the kids to play on. 
Look at these gorgeous trees with all this moss.


 The kids had fun building a fish trap and boats to float.



 Ken was able to catch quite a few fish, but they always escaped the fish trap.


 Huck absolutely refused to nap for the entire day. I finally wrapped him in his blanket and snuggled with him until he fell asleep. I have to admit I loved snuggling with my little guy. I haven't been able to have him fall asleep in my arms since he was a little baby.

2 comments:

  1. How fun. I've always wanted to go there. We attempted once and gave up--wasn't sure if we'd missed it. We hadn't, but we've never attempted again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting about that amazing place. I think that will be our next Sunday family activity. Your pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete