Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fun at Preschool


The other night I ran upstairs to get Little Miss changed into pajamas. I had left Huck in the sun room. As I was getting her dressed I could hear Huck babbling and it sounded like he was getting closer to me. I was amazed because I had just left him and he would have had to climb across the kitchen, entry way, up three stairs to the landing and then started climbing our big flight of stairs, but sure enough he sounded like he was getting closer. I went to the stairs and saw him climbing them by himself. I yelled to the family and we all came and cheered him on. I had to get the camera and record the moment. Here is my little 8 month old at the top all proud of his efforts. Now where's the gate?
The week before was my turn to teach Little Miss's preschool. The theme was spontaneous delight - basically we had a lot of fun. I love teaching this group because I get to play. I blew up a ton of balloons the night before and we had a great time playing with them. I had the kids close their eyes and I dumped all the balloons on their head and they squealed with delight.





L-boy went along and gathered up all of the balloons and carried them around with him the entire time.
The kids love to sing so we always have to sing.
I read the kids Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina. The story is about a peddler that carries his caps on his head. The kids then tried to balance a pillow on their heads and tried to walk like the peddler in the story.

Little Miss always loves to paint. So I decided to do a painting activity with the kids. We painted fall leaves and then pressed them onto paper. They loved it.
For snack we did air popped popcorn. C-boy had never seen this before and he was so excited.



I love this last video. If this isn't spontaneous delight I don't know what is.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - balloons, story time, crafts, singing time, and popcorn. That is a first class preschool. Such shear joy!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete