Saturday, November 13, 2010

Swim Meet

Midge had her swim meet last night. She did great.
Ken got recruited to be a timer and was able to time for her lane.

She earned 3 1st place finishes in the 25 backstroke, 50 freestyle, and 50 backstroke

Midge's Times
25 Freestyle 28.68
25 Backstroke 27.18
25 Breaststroke 39.50
25 Butterfly 45.15

50 Freestyle 62.75
50 Backstroke 62.28

100 Freestyle 2:18.34
My proof shot that baby Huck and I were there.
Little Miss was fascinated with the hot tub. She just laid on the steps and would dip her fingers in. I'm sure this old man was thrilled.
At the end of the meet Midge jumped off the diving board with the rest of the team.


She amazed all of us by going off the high dive.
Huck has had quite the week. He just recently mastered crawling and now he has been pulling himself up on the furniture. This is usually the view we see of our little guy now. He is only 8 1/2 months and we are trying to get him to slow down in his growth, but he wants to be able to catch up with his siblings. Yesterday I watched as he pulled himself up on the edge of a toy and then he let go and stood by himself for 5 seconds. Yesterday at nap time I heard him crying and when I went in he had pulled himself up and was hanging on to the side of the crib. He couldn't figure out how to get back down and go to sleep. It looks like he is going to keep the Woodward baby tradition going that he will be walking before he turns one, the question is if he will be walking before Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. Yay for swimming and swim meets!! And congrats to Midge on her first place finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive times Midge! I didn't know you were swimming competitively. Swimming is hard work. And baby Huck is sooo cute. I enjoyed watching him in church today. It looked like he got a haircut?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could have been there. Charlotte came down with a horrific case of Swimmer's ear about halfway through their practices. We've been in and out of Drs. and Urgent Care to try and get it taken care of. She was banned from all swimming for the next few weeks. It looks like Midge did great though! I wish we could have cheered her on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Midge. We're so proud of you! And Huck, stop that growing:)

    ReplyDelete