I know I have been a horrible blogger this month, but things have been crazy. There have been many times that I have wanted the world to slow down so I can catch my breath for a minute, or hour, or maybe a few days.
So here is my attempt at catching you up on a few things. First of all Midge said she wanted to have a Valentine's party she said this 6 weeks before Valentine's Day. At least it wasn't the day before right. I told her that was fine is she didn't go overboard. She told me if I supplied the sugar cookies she would take care of the rest.
And she was exactly right. She took care of the guest list (a kid for every one of our kids, invitations, decorations, and recreation for the party goers). It was a really fun party and we managed to squeeze it all in before one of Leo's basketball games.
Here we are making sugar cookies. Did you know that baking is much more successful when you don't wear pants. Apparently Huck thinks so, actually he thinks a lot of things are more fun without clothing, and thank goodness he has figured out how to undress himself so we can experience this more frequently.
What is it about kids always putting the cookie cutters in the middle of the dough? No matter how many times you tell them to go for the edges they have to place that first one right in the middle.
Eating our treasures. I had to freeze the rest so they didn't wipe me out before the big day.
Midge had a whole skit she had prepared for the event.
The happy decorators.
The kids played around with drizzling the frosting and got these pretty amazing cookies.
Midge had the whole house decorated. She free handed the cupid in the background and
colored in the entire thing with black markers.
On the big day I made heart shaped cinnamon rolls for breakfast. The kids were thrilled.
I swear Midge was there, but she didn't make it into the pictures. Probably because it was early morning and she didn't want to be in the pictures. It was a school morning so taking pictures wasn't my priority. The cards on the table were all homemade by Midge.
Yes that is my 1 year old on the table. You say you don't allow your 1 year on the dinner table. Well in our house our 1 year old regularly gets on the table and does a little dance. We figure he will stop before he hits adolescence. Otherwise his dad will be having a little talk with him. As for now I try not to stress about these little things. Frankly if I tried to catch him and pull him down none of these photographs would have been taken, those rolls wouldn't have been made, and my dear sweet kiddos and my number 1 sweetie wouldn't know how much I care about all of them.




















Midge I think I need to hire you for the next party I have. It looks like fun was had by all.
ReplyDeleteLove, Mimi