Thursday, January 19, 2012

Basketball Star

Leo has started basketball. He plays on a YMCA team and is doing a great job. Leo is a great player he has got amazing instincts, dribbles really well and is usually one of the first players down the court. All of his athleticism fascinates me because I don't have an ounce of athletic ability, but I think this is proof that there is some recessed genes embedded within me. One of his team members is in a wheel chair and Leo has been really impressed with how well he plays despite the challenges that he faces. 

 Leo volunteered to read the introduction speech. It basically says that they are trying 
to play their best and they ask that all of the spectators respect the players, coaches, 
and refs. I was proud of him reading it in front of everyone.







 My beautiful girl. Huck wanted so badly to get out there with his brother. 



 My parents were able to come down and support him for his first game. They got to see his first 2 baskets scored in a game. 
The video has Leo reading the introduction speech and then shows Leo making the first basket of the game and his first basket in a game. 

2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Leo! You are such an athletic kid- I'm so impressed. Have fun, little man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you little man. You are a great player and even more importantly a great team player.
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete