Sunday, July 3, 2011

Leo's 7th Birthday

Another big event last month was Leo turning 7. For his actual birthday daddy made him homemade doughnuts.
We got Leo a remote control car, which Huck is terrified of and fascinated with
at the same time. Leo's absolute favorite gift (it is also his sister's favorite)
is a new scooter from his Mimi and Papa.
I always love how he shares his gifts so easily with his siblings. For his friends birthday we invited 2 of his buddies and went to Krocks in Salem. I love this place. It was only built a year ago and it has so much for the kids to do.


As soon as we got there I had Huck and the girls changing in the dressing room. I didn't realize it but Huck had climbed out of his straps, stood up in the stroller and turned around. He caused the stroller to tip backwards with him in it, and hit his head very hard on the tile floor. He
started crying hysterically right off. The staff that worked there helped me get some ice on his forehead and calm him down. He cried very hard for about 10 minutes, and then he started to calm down. They asked me if it was his nap time because he was starting to fall asleep. Huck never falls asleep in public (a wonderful trait of all Woodward children). Yet when I looked at him sure enough his eyes were closing. I was terrified that he had a conccusion, but the medical supervisor stated that with as much crying as he had just done he had probably exhausted himself. Ken held him and he feel asleep on his shoulder for about 15 minutes. He then just stayed in Ken's arms. I was still worried about him and wondered if we needed to take him to a doctor because he wasn't his usual self. After about 45 minutes the other kids were getting hungry. While we were eating lunch Huck kept begging for food. We would only give him a little bit at a time, but he kept wanting more food and drink. After eating a lot his regular personality came back and his activity level came back. We kept watching him closely all day, and he looked fine but it really scared us.












Part of your day pass allows you to do the climbing wall. The kids loved it and kept wanting to go back and forth between the climbing wall and swimming pool, which was a bit of a pain because they had to change clothes each time. In the end they were having so much fun they didn't want to leave so we stayed an extra 2 hours.





I really enjoy doing cupcakes. It just seems easier to serve them to the kids. These were our pool theme cupcakes for this year. Each kid got a cupcake that looked like them.
The below one was Ken diving into the inner tube.



Krock also had a game room that was a lot of fun as well. The place is amazing, just make sure you bring photo ID for all adults because they won't let you in otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Kirsten...I need details on that swimming place! It looks so fun and I think I would be willing to make the drive just for a change of pace this summer! Cute cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete