This week's theme was all about the earth and seeds. We had a lot of fun on the first day talking about seeds and doing crafts with seeds.


We made plant pals and in the hectic schedule I never got any pictures of it, but they had a lot of fun. During one of the first preschool's at house we played a game called magic hat. It consists of someone putting on a goofy hat, closing your eyes and while your eyes are closed everyone else disappears. The kids think it is hilarious and insist we play it whenever preschool is at my house.

Baby Huck is the honorary preschool member, usually though he gets to go running with daddy at some point during preschool.

The second day of preschool was our Christmas Party. I really wanted to focus on the true meaning of Christmas. Here they are making cards for a family member.


The kids loved this part. I made cupcakes and I was sticking in the birthday candles and they were asking me whose birthday it was. E girl thought at first it was in honor of her birthday, but we had celebrated it last week. The kids kept guessing each other and I kept saying nope. One of them finally said it was Jesus's birthday and they were so thrilled that they each got to blow out a candle for Jesus. We sang happy birthday and they got to decorate their cakes.




We also made Christmas boxes. In each box we placed objects that signify a part of the first Christmas along with a scripture. The kids were told to put these boxes under the tree and share them with their families. A part that made me laugh was when I showed the kids the jewels that were supposed to represent treasure and gold. I asked the kids what gold had to do with the story of Jesus and the kids said it was a gift for Jesus. I asked the kids who had brought it to Jesus and E girl said, "I know it was the men with the hats."

The last thing we did was the nativity play for family. It was so hard to get a picture of all of them in costume looking at the same time, but they were adorable.
E girl was Mary
C boy was Joseph
V girl was the angel
L boy was a boy shepherd
Little Miss was a girl shepherd
Halfway through the performance L boy yelled out, "I'm sick of this costume. I'm out of here." He then promptly tried to rip off his costume. Whereupon Little Miss said, "Yeah I'm done being a shepherd too. I want to be the angel now." In other words it was adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment